Saving lives through innovative education and research
Job Title: Clinical Education Manager
Location: South Lake District, Cumbria
Hours: 30 hrs per week
Salary: £31,125-£39,500 pro rata (FTE – 0.8 contract). Regular salary reviews, the first being at 6 months.
NB – additional, optional clinical work available taking hours up to and over 37.5 hours per week. Bonuses also available as detailed in footnote.
MedSkills Academy are seeking a committed individual with a clinical education background to further develop our medical training company, and their own skills. MedSkills Academy currently provides clinical and non-clinical prehospital education courses to diverse student groups including lay members of the public and experienced healthcare professionals, across the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining current client groups as well as expanding our course portfolio. The individual will also be required to increase revenue across the education department, through basic marketing and bidding for suitable public and private contract opportunities.
They will ensure content of all education programmes meet the requirements of awarding bodies and standards set by various healthcare regulators including the HCPC, College of Paramedics, GMC and NMC.
Co-ordination of education programmes, staffing and administration will also form part of the job role. The successful candidate will identify education and development needs of our operations staff (Event Safety Group), working alongside our clinical governance team and will be ultimately responsible to the company managing director.
- Deliver course content to students with varied clinical knowledge
- Support the learning and development of clinical staff working on the operations side of the business
- Design course content, schemes of work and other education resources – PowerPoint, e-learning materials, screen capture and webcast materials
- Ensure high quality of delivery across all courses and to actively engage in peer the peer review process and to monitor other teaching staff
- Maintain student records as required by awarding bodies and the law
- Ensure Internal Quality Insurance and External Quality Assurance standards are adhered to
- Collect, collate and evaluate course feedback and address any issues raised
- Provide feedback to students in relation to course standards, in a timely and constructive manner
- Engage in the marketing, promotion and advertising of courses to a wide audience and geographical spread
- Seek nationwide contract opportunities and submit requested paperwork and bids for appropriate work
- Ensure training equipment is used, stored and maintained correctly
- Ensure the security of training equipment and other MedSkills Academy property
- Ensure classrooms are kept in a clean, serviceable condition
- Order training equipment, resources and other services as required
- It is each member of staff’s responsibility to ensure that they maintain confidentiality and security of all information in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- All staff must be aware of their obligations under common legislation and regarding all MedSkills Academy policies and procedures
- Staff are expected to work flexibly to deliver a high standard of education
- The job description is not meant to be exhaustive and may be subject to change.
Qualified Healthcare Professional with extensive prehospital experience
|Essential||CV / Interview|
|Formal teaching qualification||Essential||CV|
|Formal assessing qualification||Desirable||CV|
|Formal quality assurance qualification||Desirable||CV|
|Evidence of Continued Professional Development||Essential||CV / Interview / CPD portfolio|
|Knowledge of and understanding of a wide range of clinical subject matters||Desirable||Interview|
|Experience of curriculum design and delivery||Essential||Interview|
|Experience of e-learning management and resource design||Desirable||Interview|
|Experience of managing teams||Desirable||Interview|
|Experience of applying for tender contracts||Desirable||Interview|
|Understanding of and ability to keep student records||Desirable||
Access to pension scheme.
Flexible working, including working from home.
Investment in staff development.
Significant performance bonuses and potential of becoming company share holder on top of salary.
To apply for this position please provide a covering letter and current curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 23rd March 2018
Interviews: 6th April 2018 (in Kendal, Cumbria)