Split course available.
The QA Level 4 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised prehospital care qualification specifically designed for those looking to progress their career in the emergency services, ambulance services, event medical sector and high risk workplaces.
As the next step for those who have completed the QA Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (RQF) or equivalent, this qualification provides learners with a wider scope of practice in prehospital care emergencies, allowing for greater employment opportunities. It also forms part of a progressive suite of prehospital care qualifications that lead to the QA Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF).
Fulfilling the competencies set out in the PHEM skills framework at descriptor level E, this fantastic qualification provides learners with the knowledge, skills and competencies needed to be able to deal with a wide range of prehospital care emergencies, such as: major incidents, fracture immobilisation, sick and injured children, mental health problems and more.
The course is delivered from our training centre in Cumbria.
What’s included on this course
- Initial patient assessment
- Physiological measurements
- Anatomy and physiology
- Heart disease
- Electrocardiogram application and monitoring
- Managing a patient’s airway – supraglottic airways
- Medical gases – including dosages and administration
- Thoracic trauma
- Mechanisms of injury and kinetics
- Full body and limb immobilisation
- Sexual assault
- Major incidents
- Psychosocial development in children
- Emergency care for sick and injured children
- Mental health problems
- Assisting with advanced airway management, vascular access and infusion
More information about this course and the assessment process is available by contacting us.
Accommodation is available upon request.
PAYMENT OPTIONS – We can offer 0% interest instalment payments too. Contact us to arrange.
Extend your skills and book the FREc 3 and FREC 4 course together and save 20%. Add separate courses to your basket and use discount code FREC3&4 at checkout.