This popular course suits outdoor enthusiasts and established or aspirant outdoor leaders. The course validates National Governing Body awards such as the SPA, MIA, BASI, PaddleSport awards and ML. It involves two days of instruction that includes outdoor practical scenarios and assessment. Upon successful completion candidates will be certified for three years in Outdoor First Aid. On day 2 we crack open the fake blood and make-up and set some life-like scenarios. The courses are taught be frontline healthcare professional and mountain rescue members to give it that hint of realism!
- Mix of indoor theory and outdoor practical sessions
- Basic Life Support and CPR including AED usage
- Recovery position on steep and difficult ground
- Control of bleeding and management of shock
- Monitoring and recording vital signs
- Major head, spine, chest and abdominal trauma
- Fractures and dislocations
- Medical emergencies
- Drowning/Near drowning
All courses at our training centre in Cumbria.
GROUP BOOKING PRICE – £860.00 plus VAT for upto 10 people – dates to suit you.