This training course is intended for those who will be required to carry out rescues in a Swiftwater & flood environment – Emergency Services personnel, Mountain Rescue Teams etc.
The course is based on the philosophy of self-protection and application of low to high risk solutions.
This is a four-day course designed to provide you with the necessary skills to perform rescues in a swiftwater & flood environment. It is both classroom and river-based and will include:
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification & risk assessment
- Introduction to rope systems
- Swimming in moving water
- Medical considerations
- Basic boat-handling skills
- Scene management
- Contact and in-water rescues
- Basic incident command
- Crossing techniques
- Search Operations
- Flat water boat handling
Pre-requisite for Attending the Course
- Must be a confident swimmer
Successful candidates will be receive certification from Rescue3 valid for 3 years.